Al Hattie Insurance

Condo Insurance

If you own a condo, whether you live in it or rent it out you have special insurance needs.

Changes to the Saskatchewan Condominium Corporations Act have made it essential that you, as a condo unit owner, insure yourself properly. Your condo corporation’s bylaws may allow them to assess you for a portion of repairs to the building in the event of a claim. Assessments of $5,000 or $10,000 are not uncommon!

Condominiums can be an apartment style, townhouse style or bareland style structures.

Note: Most bareland condominium corporations require that you insure your individual dwelling building. Please visit our Homeowners Insurance page for further information. After issuing a homeowners insurance policy on the bareland condo we extend coverage to the loss assessment condominium coverage. Give us a call and we can explain.

Your apartment or townhouse condominium corporation will have an insurance policy that covers the building, property and common areas that are collectively owned by the unit owners - this is known as the "Master Policy". However, this policy does not cover your belongings, improvements you make to your unit or your personal liabilities.

Your condo unit owners' policy can:

  • Protect your possessions
  • Provide coverage should your condo unit become damaged
  • Protect you if you are legally responsible for injury to someone else or for damage to their property.
We can guide you through the special coverage that you require as a condo owner regarding property, liability, and deductible assessments. In order to cover yourself properly you will need to know the deductible of your corporations' master insurance policy.

If you would like to do an online quote please click here. If you would rather phone or stop by our office, please feel free to contact us at any time and we'll walk you through the condo insurance process.

Renew Your Plates Online

Click here to renew your plates or get a quote on an auto policy
Al Hattie Insurance