Al Hattie Insurance

Latest News

SGI's Tenant Pak Options

If you rent a house or apartmentin Saskatchewan, you have special insurance needs. Even though your landlord may have an insurance policy on the dwelling, you'll need your own insurance to protect personal items. There are several options available through SGI.

Tenant Pak A

Protects loss or damage from:

- fire or lightning

- explosion or implosion

- smoke

- falling objects

- impact by aircraft, spacecraft or land vehicles

- riot

- vandalism or mailcious acts

- water escape and rupture

- windstorm or hail

- electricity (power surge)

Tenant Pak I

In addition to Tenant Pak A, this adds protection for:

- theft, including damage caused by attempted theft

- loss or damage to items being transported caused by an accident involving the transporting vehicle


Tenant Pak II

This provides the coverage of Tenant Pak I, as well adding extra protection to your belongings in almost any instance, with certain exceptions. It's the most comprehensive protection for your belongings.


Special Seniors Pak

This is for people 60 or over who live in an approved care home, nursing home, or seniors complex at a lower cost. 



Replacement cost coverage

This is included in all packages and protects your belongings at today's prices, not depreciated values.


With an SGI Tenant Pak, you're also protected against:

- credit or debit-card loss, cheque forgery and counterfeit money

- expenses for debris removal following an insured loss

- damage to improvements you made to your premises

- damage to your property from emergency entry by police officers, paramedics or firefighters

- increased living expenses and lost rental income following an insured loss

- inflated protection

- mass evacuation expenses

- damage to trees, shrubs, and outdoor plats

- damage to the belongings of guests or household employees

- limited renter's glass coverage (not applicable to Tenant Pak A)


Personal liability coverage

Also included with all packages, this coverage protects you in case you're found legally responsible for bodily injury to someone else or for damage to their property. This is a $1 million limit in personal liability coverage to cover:

- court costs, legal fees and certain other expenses associated with your defence in the event of a liability suit

- voluntary medical payments up to $5000 and voluntary property damage payments up to $5000, even if you're not legally liable


Additional options

- Identity Theft Coverage

- Excess Protection - premises improvemnts

- Increased Limits Coverage

- Special Belongings Coverage

- Sewer Backup Coverage

- Voluntary Fire Fighting Coverage

- Watercraft Coverage

- Seasonal Home Coverage


Further information can be found in our Tenant Insurance section.

Comments are closed