We All Buy Insurance for That Unfathomable Chance That We May Have a House Fire.
In lieu of Fire Prevention Week which takes place this year from October 7th to 13th we wanted to share some handy tips with our clients to lessen the chances of that occurring:
• Exposed wires are a fire hazard. It is recommended that a regular inspection of electrical
cords takes place to check for any damage.
• All flammables should be stored in a ULC approved metal fire cabinet.
• It is recommended to not run electrical cords under rugs. This can cause damage to the cord and become a potential fire hazard.
• Fire Code states that all portable fire extinguishers must be serviced and tagged on an annual basis by a licensed contractor.
• Need more outlets? Have a certified electrician install. Overloading outlets is a fire hazard.
• Cooking equipment that produces grease-laden vapors may be a source of ignition. It is recommended that all deep fryers be protected by a ULC or equivalent automatic extinguishing system.
• When replacing blown fuses, replace with proper rating. Call an electrician if circuit breakers trip often
Happy 262 years of combined birthday ages in the office! In the next month we have 7 of 15 birthdays! The celebration month kicked off with Nicole, than Brent, Teralyn, Jason, Lee, and ending with Corinne & Susan on the same day!
Our office's Nicole Turk, cleverly made a cake for the back-to-back birthdays! She wanted to include all the birthdays on the one cake and came up with the idea of combining all the years to make the birthday candles! How so very sweet... in more than one way... as in the cake was delicious! The cake was a round layered cake with a blue frosting, topped with sprinkles. Inside was a purple frosting. I'm pretty sure a cheat day was a no-brainer for clean eaters, and left many wanting seconds,or even thirds. Thanks Nicole!!!
Our office is pretty awesome in the sense that we all work very hard, but play harder. It's so nice when the office employees take initiative to do kind things for one another, making our bonds that much stronger. Sharing and making memories together.
To top off the celebration of numerous back-to-back birthdays in our office, we also have a very special birthday. One that, without it, none of this would really make any correlation! This is the 36th birthday of the start of Al Hattie Insurance! On Feb. 1 Al Hattie Insurance will be celebrating another miraculous year of business! One that started only from a banker box of files that has grown to thousands. Come by to sign our book, a tradition that we have held for years & some coffee and donuts!
#262yearsold #officefun #yummmmm #AHI #happybirthdaytohalftheoffice
There's nothing really funny about this cold weather but we can't totally knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine tenths of people couldn't start a conversation!
With the cold weather comes the natural human instinct to get warm. This could mean anything from firing up your wood stove or booking a holiday down south! Either or, this will bring you to want to make a quick stop to Al Hattie Insurance before.
1. If you have a wood stove, or are planning on installing one make sure you check with your broker, Al Hattie Insurance, beforehand to see if this will affect your home insurance policy and how. Wood stoves are ideal as a backup source of heat in that emergency situation where a power outage has occurred.
2. If you are amongst the many fortunate people to take off to warmer climates for holidays your first stop should be Al Hattie Insurance to purchase your Emergency Medical Travel Insurance. We carry a variety of carriers to meet all sorts of different client’s needs, and also to provide quotes from those companies, finding you the best rate so that you're not paying more than you need to be.
3. After your travel insurance needs are met, our one stop shop will also be able to provide you information on your home insurance policy and the specific requirements set out by your insurance company that you must meet to have coverage while you are away. Every company is different and ever changing so these are good things to routinely check up on so that you are up to date on the most recent requirements.
Hopefully these few points from Al Hattie Insurance can help keep the cold weather the only problem until we are all like "Winter who?".