We All Buy Insurance for That Unfathomable Chance That We May Have a House Fire.
In lieu of Fire Prevention Week which takes place this year from October 7th to 13th we wanted to share some handy tips with our clients to lessen the chances of that occurring:
• Exposed wires are a fire hazard. It is recommended that a regular inspection of electrical
cords takes place to check for any damage.
• All flammables should be stored in a ULC approved metal fire cabinet.
• It is recommended to not run electrical cords under rugs. This can cause damage to the cord and become a potential fire hazard.
• Fire Code states that all portable fire extinguishers must be serviced and tagged on an annual basis by a licensed contractor.
• Need more outlets? Have a certified electrician install. Overloading outlets is a fire hazard.
• Cooking equipment that produces grease-laden vapors may be a source of ignition. It is recommended that all deep fryers be protected by a ULC or equivalent automatic extinguishing system.
• When replacing blown fuses, replace with proper rating. Call an electrician if circuit breakers trip often
It seems as soon as the snow melted summer was approaching us as fast as a Bugatti Veyron, and no breaks in sight. With summer comes summer holidays for all our children, and as much as we all wish we could take summer off as well that's not always in the cards. So many families look to summer camps to help entertain there children over school break.
Finding the right camp for your kids can be difficult, do you know the right questions you should be asking yourself before you send your kid off?
1. Are campers supervised by trained individuals? What level of training do the counsellers have? This is especially important in skilled activities, and any camps that have swimming as an activity.
2. How are counsellors screened for background clearance?
3. Does the camp offer any sort of accident benefits coverage outside of their own Commercial General Liability policy? Ask how injuries that occur during camp are treated and what coverage is offered to campers if the injury is more serious and requires treatment outside of the scope of provincial health care plans.
4. If campers are being transported in camp-owned vehicles or busses, what insurance does the driver hold?
5. Does the camp have an emergency plan in place in case of evacuation or catastrophe requiring all campers to be moved off site?
It never hurts to ask these questions especially when you are to consider giving someone else the responsibility of the safety and care of your children.
We love our customers!
Join us at the Eastview Shopping Centre, 3020 Arlington Ave, Saskatoon, Saturday June. 2, 2018 from 9 am to 3 pm. Our office along with other businesses in the mall will be hosting events to show our appreciation to you!
We will have:
- A car seat clinic to ensure your loved ones safety seats are installed properly
- The Shred-It Truck from 9am to 11am to shred any personal documents on the spot. Please bring a food bank item to donate.
- Rainbow International Restoration will be on-site with claims experience to answer any tough property claim questions.
- Child Find ID Clinic from 10am - 1pm; A parent or guardian must attend with valid ID
- Tutor Shooter from Saskatchewan Rush to teach kids how to properly throw a lacrosse ball like the pros hosted by SK Blue Cross
- Face Painting by Jasmine Bernes free of charge from 11 am to 12 pm.
- A chance to win a $500 Visa Gift Card
- Door prizes, Giveaways, & Coffee & Donuts
Check out the flyer to see other activities our mall neighbors will be hosting that day too!
2018 customer final.pdf (2.41 mb)
Happy 262 years of combined birthday ages in the office! In the next month we have 7 of 15 birthdays! The celebration month kicked off with Nicole, than Brent, Teralyn, Jason, Lee, and ending with Corinne & Susan on the same day!
Our office's Nicole Turk, cleverly made a cake for the back-to-back birthdays! She wanted to include all the birthdays on the one cake and came up with the idea of combining all the years to make the birthday candles! How so very sweet... in more than one way... as in the cake was delicious! The cake was a round layered cake with a blue frosting, topped with sprinkles. Inside was a purple frosting. I'm pretty sure a cheat day was a no-brainer for clean eaters, and left many wanting seconds,or even thirds. Thanks Nicole!!!
Our office is pretty awesome in the sense that we all work very hard, but play harder. It's so nice when the office employees take initiative to do kind things for one another, making our bonds that much stronger. Sharing and making memories together.
To top off the celebration of numerous back-to-back birthdays in our office, we also have a very special birthday. One that, without it, none of this would really make any correlation! This is the 36th birthday of the start of Al Hattie Insurance! On Feb. 1 Al Hattie Insurance will be celebrating another miraculous year of business! One that started only from a banker box of files that has grown to thousands. Come by to sign our book, a tradition that we have held for years & some coffee and donuts!
#262yearsold #officefun #yummmmm #AHI #happybirthdaytohalftheoffice