Plates expire? Licence expire? Sitting on the side of the road with an unregistered vehicle?
Did you know Saskplates.com can get you back and on the road in no time, even from a mobile or tablet device? Set-up your account today through www.Saskplates.com and don't get left on the side of the road.
It's even simpler now! If you have an active SGI policy you can set up your account directly on the website without having to call us.
Here are some of the many transactions you can now do online from your home computer or mobile device through Saskplates.com:
- vehicle registration
- plate cancellation
- driver's licence renewal (non-photo)
- address and personal information changes
- print vehicle registrations
- get quotes on Auto, Home, Condo, Tenant Paks and more!
- make payments
- pay your receivables
You can also contact US about any of your insurance needs! Phone 1-888-450-2700, email us at email@example.com, or come by for a visit at our office located at 3020C Arlington Ave, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Rural Saskatchewan road
CAUSE OF LOSS:
Collision with a locomotive at an uncontrolled railroad crossing
COST OF LOSS:
Total paid/reserved: $650,000. (Trailer: $50,000; Property damage to train: $600,000;
Loss of earnings/business interruption due to damage to train tracks and locomotive: undetermined)
In December, the insured was driving a load of wheat to a terminal. Distracted, he drove through an
uncontrolled rail crossing. An approaching train split the trailer in half. The insured’s package policy
protected him for $1 million of liability, which covered the loss.
Avoid financial ruin by carrying the appropriate insurance coverage; for a minor cost (an extra $30 in
this case), you can protect yourself from unnecessary loss.
Rural Saskatchewan highway
CAUSE OF LOSS:
COST OF LOSS:
Total loss: $2.5 million. (Truck and horse trailer: $250,000; Property damage – horses, truck and
trailer: $2.5 million)
DETAILS OF LOSS:
A young son was driving his mother’s car on a rural Saskatchewan highway. He crossed the centre
line and collided with a semi-tractor trailer, causing the semi, trailer and cargo (competition horses)
to be deemed a total loss. The insured had basic plate coverage of $200,000 and $1 million liability
on the policy. Due to the special design of the trailer and its use, a large loss of use claim occurred.
As well, the horses were expensive animals and brought a large property damage claim of
$2.5 million. The insured was not covered for approximately $1.3 million of the claim.
Always carry the right amount of insurance for your protection – though basic plate insurance is
significant, it may be necessary to purchase more coverage to be fully protected from all losses. In
this case, for an additional $60, the total loss would have been covered.
All vehicles registered in Saskatchewan are required to be plated, which provides a high deductible and the most basic coverages and liability. But benefits provided by Auto Paks can make sure your family and your bank account is well protected in case of a serious accident. Here are some quick facts about Auto Paks:
- Make accidents affordable. Pick from a range of deductibles from $700 down to $50!
- Don't even pay the deductible! If you hit wildlife, or suffer damage due to fire, lightning or your vehicle is stolen your deductible is waived.
- Financial protection is provided through liability coverages ranging from $1 million to $5 million in the event of a law suit against you.
- Keep your family safe with coverage protecting from injury and loss equal to your liability amount (up to $2 million).
- Adding the Loss of Use coverage will keep you on the road after an accident, covering you for rental costs.
- It doesn't just cover your vehicle, but also extends to vehicles you have rented or borrowed.
- Buying Replacement or Repair cost coverage within 120 days of purchasing a new vehicle will allow you to preserve the value you paid for, fighting off depreciation.
- You can receive a discount for scheduling multiple vehicles on one policy.
Thinking an Auto Pak might be right for you? Get a free online quote!
Join us on Saturday June 7th for our mall's Customer Appreciation Day! We will be hosting a Car Seat Clinic, a free Shred-It Station (with Food Bank donation) for your documents, and a free Child Find ID Clinic. The full day's event's can be found on the flyer below. Thank you from our family for having us as your Saskatchewan Insurance Brokerage for over 30 years!