We would like to send a big thank you to everyone who came out to the 4th Annual Dylan Nahorniak Memorial Baseball Tournament over the weekend! We had an exciting day of games and a fantastic casino night following the tournament! Lots of fun was had by everyone young and old.
We would like to extend a huge thank you to the Stallions Baseball team for once again hosting this terrific event and everyone behind the scenes who volunteered to help and plan the event. It wouldn't be possible without you.
If you would like more information on the tournament, please visit the website at www.dylannahorniakmemorialtournament.com. If you are interested in the new baseball scholarship we are offering, the application deadline is July 1st and submission info can be found on the site.
Brooks shaved his head at the C95 Radio Marathon today and raised over $2000 for Breast Cancer Research! We want to truly thank everyone on his behalf who donated and donated through our office. He's still going to be sporting that fantastic facial hair through 'Movember' trying to raise money for Prostate Cancer Research, so if you haven't had a chance to donate you still can through our office.
Here are some photos from today!
Dylan tragically lost his life in September 2010 leaving behind his baby girl Brooklyn and wife Rochelle. The Stallions pro men's baseball team hosts an annual charity tournament in his honour, and this year's event is approaching quickly. The tournament begins at 9am on May 18th at Cairns Field and will run throughout the day until the casino night closes at 1am. The day includes:
- Senior men’s baseball games running from @ 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Opening Ceremony @ 12 p.m. featuring Dance Ink performing dances, Mayor Don Atchison throwing the first pitch, Brooklyn (Dylan’s daughter) is singing a song, and Yoana singing the national anthem.
- Door prizes drawn throughout the day
- Saskatoon’s own Rough Rider Scott McHenry signing autographs
- A dunk tank for all ages from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Appollo jump all day
- Face painting from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Duck pond “win a prize every time”
- Can’t forget the food! Homemade perogies, taco in a bag, burgers & hot dogs, popcorn, and snow cones (in case you didn’t get enough snow this year!)
- Beer gardens all day
- A Date with a Stallion
- World famous Casino night starting @ 7:30 p.m. going to 1 a.m. with outrageous prizes to be won
- And it wouldn’t be a hit without a free Safe Ride Home, offered by the RCMP Veterans
We hope you can make it out to this great day with fun for everyone. More information about the tournament and the new scholarship program can be found at www.DylanNahorniakMemorialTournament.com.