Meet us at Cairns Field, this Saturday May 14, 2016 for the annual Dylan Nahorniak Memorial Baseball Tournament. Games begin at 10 am and commence at 6 pm, with opening ceremonies at 11:30 am. Admission is donation based, and there is food and drinks served including homemade perogies!
This tournament holds a special place in Al Hattie Insurance's heart as Dylan Nahorniak was a former empoyee & family relative who lost his life tragically in a car accident Sept 2010. He left behind a wife & daughter Brooklyn. The tournament wouldn't be a success without the Senior Men's baseball team, The Stallion's, who host the tournament every year.
The tournament proceeds go partially to a trust fund for Brooklyn Nahorniak, while the other portion is donated to a charitable cause of choice, such as, Breast and Prostate cancer. This year we are donating proceeds to the RedCross Fort McMurray efforts.
The parents of Dylan Nahorniak, Colleen (partial owner of Al Hattie Insurance) & Eugene, formed a baseball scholarship to aid financial support to young Saskatchewan baseball players who will attend and play baseball at post secondary institution, which they award every year. Anyone wanting to apply can get information on the scholarship from the website www.dylannahorniakmemorialtournament.com/sponsorship & can send the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dylan tragically lost his life in September 2010 leaving behind his baby girl Brooklyn and wife Rochelle. The Stallions pro men's baseball team hosts an annual charity tournament in his honour, and this year's event is approaching quickly. The tournament begins at 9am on May 18th at Cairns Field and will run throughout the day until the casino night closes at 1am. The day includes:
- Senior men’s baseball games running from @ 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Opening Ceremony @ 12 p.m. featuring Dance Ink performing dances, Mayor Don Atchison throwing the first pitch, Brooklyn (Dylan’s daughter) is singing a song, and Yoana singing the national anthem.
- Door prizes drawn throughout the day
- Saskatoon’s own Rough Rider Scott McHenry signing autographs
- A dunk tank for all ages from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Appollo jump all day
- Face painting from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Duck pond “win a prize every time”
- Can’t forget the food! Homemade perogies, taco in a bag, burgers & hot dogs, popcorn, and snow cones (in case you didn’t get enough snow this year!)
- Beer gardens all day
- A Date with a Stallion
- World famous Casino night starting @ 7:30 p.m. going to 1 a.m. with outrageous prizes to be won
- And it wouldn’t be a hit without a free Safe Ride Home, offered by the RCMP Veterans
We hope you can make it out to this great day with fun for everyone. More information about the tournament and the new scholarship program can be found at www.DylanNahorniakMemorialTournament.com.