We had a small celebration of our office's 32nd anniversary on Saturday. We would like to thank everyone who past or present had business through our office and to the wonderful community around us that has been home to our business since 1982! Al and Lois (the original owners) even stopped by to visit with everyone and help celebrate.
Congratulations to this year's door prize winners:
- Sydney Sylvetser who won a woman's watch.
- Bert Elder who won the men's watch.
- Shannon Peter who won the sport bag, blanket and water bottle.
Got some new gadgets in your home, maybe a radiant floor or some valuable mobile medical equipment? Wawanesa offers Saskatchewan residents a Special Limits Enhancement that can be extremely useful on your home or condo that not only increases some of your existing coverage limits but adds coverage to key systems you rely on in your everyday life. This Home Equipment Breakdown coverage is extremely handy in covering costly gaps to basic policies, protecting you from expensive repair or replacement to key pieces of equipment and systems.
The Special Limits Enhancement raises limits to these existing coverages:
- $20,000 Jewellery and Furs
- Personal property of a student away at school
- $20,000 Building Bylaws Coverages
- $20,000 Fire Department Charges Coverage
- Home Freezer Contents
The Special Limits Enhancement also adds $50,000 Home Equipment Breakdown coverage for equipment, systems, and personal property that includes:
- Central air conditioning
- Boilers, furnaces and heat pumps
- Radiant floor heating
- Pool and spa pumps, heating and filtration
- Electrical service panels
- Home security monitoring and control devices
- Kitchen and laundry appliances
- Home entertainment equipment
- Computers, peripherals and wireless devices
- Mobile medical equipment
- Portable generators and sump pumps
If you would like more information regarding Wawanesa's Special Limits Coverage, please give us a call at 1-800-450-2700 or 306-955-2700.
If you've been out riding the trails or plan on doing some snowmobiling this winter make sure to stop by our office to pick up this year's copy of the Sask Snowmobile Trail Guide. It's a must for every rider, giving a detailed map of the province that includes:
- Trans Canadian Snowmobile Trails
- Primary Trails
- Secondary Trails
- Provincial Trails
- Fuel Stations
- Warm-Up Shelters
- No Snowmobiling Areas
- Arctic Cat, Polaris, Skidoo, Yamaha Dealers and Canadian Tire Stores province wide
- Snowmobile Clubs with trails
- All Sasktel 4G coverage area
- Approved Hand Signal Reference Guide
- Recommended Minimum Ice Thickness Reference Guide for different vehicles
Copies are free and fold up to fit in a jacket pocket. Please come pick one up from our office before you hit the trails and safe riding!
Are you taking a much deserved trip? Trying to beat the cold? Maybe it's just time to explore? Here's a handy traveler checklist from Travel.gc.ca:
- Carry a Canadian passport that is valid well beyond the date of your planned return to Canada; keep a copy of the identification page separate from the original.
- Leave copies of your passport identification page, itinerary and insurance policy with friends or family.
- Obtain any required visas well in advance.
- If traveling with children, carry documentation proving your right to accompany them (e.g. a consent letter or court order).
- Arrange for travel health insurance and take care of health needs, such as eyeglasses, prescriptions, vaccinations and medical certificates and supplies.
- Anticipate financial needs, such as local currency and departure tax.
- Check whether dual citizenship is an issue for you.
- Obtain an International Driving Permit, if required.
- Visit travel.gc.ca for essential Country Travel Advice, emergency contacts, a directory of Canadian embassies and consulates, safe-travel publications and information on traveling with children, living abroad and returning to Canada.
- Download their Travel Smart mobile app at travel.gc.ca/mobile for essential travel information on the go.
- Sign up for Registration of Canadians Abroad service at travel.gc.ca/register.
And our biggest tip: Travel Insurance is for everyone! Whether you're 25 or 75, make sure to inquire about what options are available to you before your departure to make sure your trip is one to remember.
We strive at Al Hattie Insurance is to ensure that as a policy holder at our office you are properly covered under your insurance to cover modern claims scenarios in Saskatchewan. In years past, $1 million in liability coverage to a home, tenant, condo, or auto policy may have seemed more than enough. Unfortunately, this year has seen several claims rising not only above the $1 million but $2 million mark. Due to this trend, we are making sure that our customers are aware of the rising cost of fire and other claims to make sure they are fully covered in case of an accident.
A major fire claim in May this year was one of several incidents that show that rising cost of living and growing density in the city and province inevitably are leading to higher and higher claims. As people's busy lives don't always leave them enough time to or to study the claims market, we strive to make sure that you as the insured are provided with coverage that will do what it is supposed to in case of an emergency; make sure you are going to be covered in case of incident.
As of Jan. 1st 2014 all home, condo, tenant, and auto policies are going to be automatically renewed with $2 million liability coverage. We have unfortunately seen claims in the province that are well exceeding the previous standard of $1 million liability coverage and we don't want you to be paying for insurance and still end up with an enormous bill at the end of the day when an accident occurs. On most policies, to raise liability coverage from $1 million to $2 million will only see an increase of $1-$2 per month per unit on your current policy. $2 million liability coverage won't be mandatory, but will now be recommended for all policies as a minimum limit. If you feel like you are at risk of needing higher coverage, it is possible to also purchase up to $10 million liability coverage when you add an 'Umbrella' liability policy.
If you have questions regarding your policy, getting your coverage changed or increased, or don't know what coverage is best for your needs, please call us (306-955-2700 or toll free 1-888-450-2700) or stop by our office at 3020C Arlington Ave and talk to one of us.