We All Buy Insurance for That Unfathomable Chance That We May Have a House Fire.
In lieu of Fire Prevention Week which takes place this year from October 7th to 13th we wanted to share some handy tips with our clients to lessen the chances of that occurring:
• Exposed wires are a fire hazard. It is recommended that a regular inspection of electrical
cords takes place to check for any damage.
• All flammables should be stored in a ULC approved metal fire cabinet.
• It is recommended to not run electrical cords under rugs. This can cause damage to the cord and become a potential fire hazard.
• Fire Code states that all portable fire extinguishers must be serviced and tagged on an annual basis by a licensed contractor.
• Need more outlets? Have a certified electrician install. Overloading outlets is a fire hazard.
• Cooking equipment that produces grease-laden vapors may be a source of ignition. It is recommended that all deep fryers be protected by a ULC or equivalent automatic extinguishing system.
• When replacing blown fuses, replace with proper rating. Call an electrician if circuit breakers trip often