When plating and insuring your vehicle in Saskatchewan, whether it be your winter beater or your brand new SUV, it's important to understand your options and what you are getting in terms of coverage and deductible.
When purchasing an Auto Policy, you are not just plating your car, you are getting a customizable insurance policy that protects you and your family from loss not covered by basic plate insurance. You gain several key additions including:
- Increased liability coverage from $1 million to $5 million
- Lower deductibles from $500 to $50
- Waived deductibles if you hit wildlife or have damage due to fire, lightning or theft
- Rental car coverage (which includes protection against damages to the vehicle)
- Increased injury benefits
- Replacement cost coverage on brand new vehicles (must be insured within 120 days of vehicle delivery)
- If your vehicle is totaled in the first 24 months, your deductible may be waived and your vehicle is replaced
- If your vehicle is repairable, only new parts will be used
- If your vehicle is leased your original purchase price is protected, covering the difference between what you owe your leasing company and the actual cash value of the vehicle
- Loss of use coverage for alternative transportation in the event of a claim
- Road hazard glass coverage including chip repair
There are many examples of how an Auto Policy can provide necessary benefits in coverage. For instance, if you injure a high salaried person in a collision and must pay to supplement their lost income, Auto Policy pays for costs not covered by basic plate insurance. You may face significant financial hardship if you're found at fault for damaging someone's property or if someone gets injured.
Getting the right protection is about the best combination of basic plate insurance and an Auto Policy tailored to your needs.
We had a small celebration of our office's 32nd anniversary on Saturday. We would like to thank everyone who past or present had business through our office and to the wonderful community around us that has been home to our business since 1982! Al and Lois (the original owners) even stopped by to visit with everyone and help celebrate.
Congratulations to this year's door prize winners:
- Sydney Sylvetser who won a woman's watch.
- Bert Elder who won the men's watch.
- Shannon Peter who won the sport bag, blanket and water bottle.