This summer SGI Canada introduced a revamped approach to cargo insurance called 'Cargo Secure'. This new package was designed to add more coverage, innovative new features and preferred rates. It was also designed with simplicity in mind, removing much of the fine print.
"In developing Cargo Secure, SGI Canada wanted to rethink cargo insurance coverage from the ground up. Most cargo Insurance policies were developed decades ago around the idea of insuring only the minimum requirement of the law, and had very little to do with addressing the needs of the trucking industry."
To further address the needs of the trucking industry SGI Canada has included the following as part of their standard coverage with Cargo Secure:
- All-risks coverage
- Blanket all vehicles
- Blanket all commodities
- Loading and unloading
- $100,000 30-day warehouse (owned or non-owned locations)
- Erecting, dismantling or installing (in conjunction with In Transit)
- Goods of others
- Owned goods
- $5,000 per loss / $25,000 annually for contractual penalties
- $25,000 debris removal (in addition to what is already provided)
- Defense costs
- $25,000 freight charges
- Liberalization clause
- Cross liability clause
- $5,000 theft or hijacking reward
- Enhanced valuation clause (actual cash value)
- Enhanced definition of In Transit
- Mechanical breakdown coverage
- $25,000 alcohol and tobacco limit
- $25,000 livestock limit
- $25,000 painting, statuary and fine arts limit
- $25,000 tarps, chains, straps and onboard electronics limit
- Goods In Transit includes by land as well as regularly scheduled airlines, rail car, ferry or transfer barge
For more details on Cargo Secure don't hesitate to call our office at 800-450-2700. For an online quote please download and fill out the Motor Truck Cargo Questionnaire.pdf (870.58 kb) and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brook's is a member of the Stallions baseball team and was a close friend of Dylan Nahorniak. Since Dylan's tragic accident in September 2010 Brooks hasn't cut his hair and made a goal to raise money for the Breast and Prostrate Cancer foundations of Canada. He has made a personal goal of $3000 by the Rawlco Radio Marathon in October to shave his hair. He has made a second goal of raising $1000 for 'Movember' to shave his beard, which he has also been growing since the accident.
To help Brooks reach his goals, and help support two great causes very dear to us, we will collect donations on his behalf until the fundraising events take place in October and Novemeber 2013. Donations can easily be made in our office at 3020C Arlington Ave in the Eastview Shopping Mall, Saskatoon. If you wish to donate online, please add Al Hattie Insurance to your bank's online/email transfer list, and when making the transfer use the code CANC02 to donate. Please dont hesitate to call us at 1-888-450-2700 if you have questions or need assistance. Thank you from our family.